Dental Veneers @ Casselman
Get an Amazing Smile with Whiter, Straighter Teeth
If you’re embarrassed by gaps, stains, and chips in and on your teeth, there is a solution! Dental veneers easily fix these common cosmetic issues, giving you a stunning smile and helping restore your confidence. Don’t let imperfections hold you back. Dental veneers are a tailor-made solution for stunning smile restorations!
Natural Look and Feel for a Beautiful Smile
Veneers are material applied to the front of your teeth, usually made of porcelain or composite resin. They’re shaped and coloured to match your existing teeth, and can easily fill unsightly gaps between your teeth, cover misaligned teeth, and improve the overall appearance of your smile.
The process usually takes 1 to 2 visits to the dental clinic to complete.
How it Works
- Your dentist removes a thin layer of enamel from the front of the teeth in question. This makes room for the veneers once they’re placed.
- A mold of your teeth is made to ensure the new veneers fit perfectly. Your dentist may place temporary veneers to protect your teeth until the porcelain veneers are made.
- When the veneers are ready, the temporaries are removed, and a mild chemical is applied to ensure the glues make a solid bond.
- The permanent veneers are glued and secured in place with composite resin cement.
Composite Resin Veneers
- Your dentist starts by applying a mild chemical to roughen the surface of the teeth that are receiving veneers.
- Next, a composite resin, colour-matched to your teeth, is applied to the targeted tooth layer by layer.
- Once the final layer is applied and the tooth has been built up, your dentist shapes and polishes it gently to create a natural, smooth look and feel.
Veneers are not replacement teeth, simply covers for your natural teeth. As such, they’ve got toe be brushed and flossed regularly to ensure good dental health. Without proper care, stains and cavities can occur beneath the artificial material. Applying too much stress to the veneer can cause it to chip, break, or fall off, which will require another veneer to replace it.
However, with proper care, veneers will last for many years and ensure you have a stunning smile you can be proud of!